Monday, April 15, 2013

Lipstick and Love Stories

I'm pretty cautious with my money. I rarely eat out, I don't take many trips and I seem to over research most purchases. However, every so often when my closet feels bare and I have some events coming up, I will throw caution to the wind and partake in some good old fashion retail therapy. The goal was simply to find an outfit for Toresil's bridal shower in Chicago this weekend. But alas, I found much more... and I refuse to feel guilty about it. All in all, it was a material focused weekend.

This Saturday was the first Saturday I didn't go into the office, thus giving me ample shopping time. My favorite purchase wasn't my bridal shower outfit, my Oribe hair products (stellar, everyone must look into these) or what appears to be the greatest concealer I have come across. I think my favorite purchase was my first step into true womanhood- I bought a REAL lipstick. Tom Ford came out with a line of lipsticks not too long ago and they have been getting rave reviews ever since. The packaging is heavy and high quality. The pigment range is vast but not overwhelming. You just feel luxurious even being at the counter browsing. I will admit- I hate lip color. I feel it is too high maintenance. I love makeup, but I love putting it on at my apartment and then not thinking about it the rest of the night. Who wants to excuse herself to the restroom after every sip of scotch to reapply? Not this girl. However, Tom Ford's formula wears evenly and, without reapplying, I was left with a high pigment lip stain after four hours at a bar. Awesome.


I wrapped up my weekend by wearing my pjs all day Sunday and watching about four movies on Netflix. My fave? Broken English. Quirky (!) and closed off thirty something meets a "fly by the seat of his pants" hot Frenchman who teaches her to lower her philosophical walls? Yummy. I watched it while eating my pancakes this morning. They were also yummy.

Tomorrow is our office "end of busy season" party. I heard the band takes requests. I've been practicing my set list all weekend. Sorry I am not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment