Friday, April 5, 2013

Life Crisis Caused MIA

Apartment at Dusk.  Relaxing After
a crazy two weeks.
So I've been M.I.A. I know it, you know it, Stella knows it. I was on my way to an out of town job, blah blah blah. Had to drive on the highways before the snow plows carted away the (hopefully) last winter beating NEOhio got blah blah blah. My 2002 Saturn spun out into a wall on the highway and was totaled blah blah HUH?

Yea, car accident. Awesome. I've never even gotten pulled over, let alone had to sit in a State Trooper's car while we waited for a tow truck to take away the remnants of my "no car payments, fully owned" vehicle. Sigh.

Needless to say, I was too busy frantically researching cars to blog. I found two distinct test drive lists emerging: cars that fit my "I'm a professional that drives to clients and will probably have this car for 10 years" self versus cars matching my "I'm used to not having a car payment and now you expect me to give up a large chunk of money... MONTHLY?" self. I will say that the first part of me beat out the second part just a tad. Nothing like having a single weekend to fit in one's first major adult decision.

2014 Mazda CX-5
Part of me felt like I needed to do this by myself. Maybe I didn't get the best deal or maybe I should have taken a few more options for a test drive. However, for my first car buying experience, I don't think I did too shabby.

Zoom zoom.

Busy season is almost over. I can almost TASTE our April 15th party. I'm pushing for karaoke. I think it'll just be me singing to the jukebox while everyone else is annoyed like every other year. Oh wells...

What was your first major adult decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment